Recently the folks at
sent me some of their oatmeal to try. I love their Mom's Best® cereal that I buy at my local Smith's. They have healthier versions of my family's favorite cereals (Bunches of Oats, Golden Grahams, etc.). I was excited to try their instant oatmeal.
I decided to use Better Oats® Raw Pure and Simple Bare to make some oatmeal raisin cookies. I would love to use this multigrain cereal to make my recipe for granola or granola bars, or peach crisp. I used three packages of this hot cereal to replace half of the regular oats in the recipe. Each pouch equals 1/2 c. of grains.
I love the crunch of the whole flaxseeds and the different textures of the whole grain oats, barley, quinoa, rye and wheat.
printable recipe too...
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Yield: about 3 dozen
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. (or more) flour
- 1 1/2 c. (3 packages) Better Oats® Raw Pure and Simple® Bare or similar 5 grain oat blend
- 1 1/2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 c. raisins
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Sift together dry ingredients (baking powder, soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and flour). Slowly add to butter mixture. Add more flour if necessary. (I live at high altitude, so I had to add 1/2 c. more flour so the dough wasn't quite so buttery).
- Mix in Better Oats and old-fashioned rolled oats. Add raisins.
- Scoop dough onto greased cookie sheets using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Follow the above recipe, omitting nutmeg and cinnamon and substituting 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips for the raisins.
Check out some of the other Better Oats® flavors I got to try:
Mmm...Muffins® Blueberry - super yummy! Real blueberries.
Mmm...Muffins® Oatmeal Raisin Cookie - who wouldn't want to eat oatmeal that tastes like a cookie?
Raw Pure and Simple® Pomegranate - very healthy with little pieces of pomegranate.
Oat Revolution® Apples & Cinnamon - delicious! I love apple cinnamon.
You can mix and match these oatmeal pouches too. You could add a pouch of Raw Pure and Simple® Bare to your fruity oatmeal to increase your whole grains for the day. Visit the Better Oats website! and follow them on Facebook and Twitter. Click here for a coupon.
This sponsorship is brought to you by Better Oats's whom we have partnered with for this promotion.