Skip to main content

Week 273 Menu

Hi friends!  Happy Monday!  How was your Easter weekend?  Mine was a little different than I had expected. 

We had a bit of a more "grownup" Easter than we have in the past.  I ended up having my husband and two oldest kiddos buy the Easter candy and pick out the Easter Bunny surprises.  This meant lots of jelly beans and not much chocolate.  I'm not a fan of candy, only chocolate.  So, I guess that was a good thing.


It was fun to have my older kids involved in our Easter traditions more.  They helped fill the Easter eggs.  And were pretty patient when we didn't have our family Easter Egg hunt until 5:00 yesterday afternoon.  My four year old was sick yesterday and it made me rearrange things a bit.


I posted on Instagram some picture clues that I drew for my kids East Bunny picture hunt.  I usually buy the kids one small toy or book or something (from the Easter Bunny, but they all know that's me!).   Then I hide it somewhere in the house.  The kids each have a certain color of plastic egg and I make up some picture clues that they have to follow to find their surprise.  
My older kids love this hunt even though they already knew what their surprise was.

Since my four year old was sick yesterday and it made me rearrange things a bit.  I stayed home with him during the first two hours of church, so I got a week off from playing the organ.  Funny thing is that I actually practiced a few times last week.  Ha!

Anyway...I whipped up some cloud light bunny rolls and stuck them in the fridge to rise so I could bake them after church.  I posted this picture on facebook.  Photo: Probably should have used two baking sheets.  #squishedbunnies #yummyanyway
Two things...
1.  I should have spread them out onto two baking sheets so they were less squished
2.  I should have been more careful when I was cracking the eggs.

Somehow an eggshell got in the dough and totally ruined the rolls.  I don't like crunch in my rolls.  I'm not really sure how I got an eggshell in the dough.  Maybe it was because I was in a hurry because I needed to review my lesson that I was teaching for Relief Society at church or because I was holding my squirmy one year old while I cracked the eggs.  I've resolved to slow down and crack the eggs in a separate bowl before adding them to whatever I'm making.

I also made this lemon jello pudding cake.  It is really yummy, but I'm reminded why I don't make cake often.  We each ate a piece and I took some to our neighbor and we still have half of a cake left.  Ugh!  Wish I could freeze it for later.

One more thing before I get to my menu.  I just wanted to give a shout out to my amazing sister, Lissa, who is running the Boston Marathon today!  She's a pretty cool, very talented, older sister.  I am going to go on a run today and I'll be thinking of her.  She has an beautiful singing voice and can run really far!  :) 

Menu time...My 4 year old is starting soccer this week, so I better prepare myself for having three kids in after school activities.  Yay!

Monday:  bistro chicken

Tuesday:  chicken sandwiches (rotisserie chicken) on homemade french bread

Wednesday: taco soup

Thursday: spaghetti

Friday: fajitas

Saturday: easy night

Sunday: burgers, oven fries

Congrats if you're still reading.  :)  I'm super chatty today.  Have a great week!  And feel free to share your menu this week, even if it's cold cereal every night.

Photobucket 

Need more dinner ideas?  Click here to find all of my weekly menus (#273 of them!).



Popular posts from this blog

One Hour Rolls

These rolls are amazing!  I've been making these rolls since 2001 when I was a newlywed and my sister-in-law shared the recipe with me.  The rolls are light, fluffy, easy to make and they only take one hour!  And delicious too!   I've made these rolls more times than I can count, so I've perfected the art of making them.  Here are some step-by-step instructions with pictures for you. Here's what you'll need.  I buy pretty much all of the ingredients in this recipe at Sam's club, thus the huge containers.  You need warm water, yeast, oil, sugar, salt, egg and flour. In the mixer bowl, add warm water (not hot), oil, sugar and yeast.  Mix together. After ten or fifteen minutes the yeast mixture should be puffed up like this.  Time to add the salt and beaten egg. Then mix in the flour.  (I've used a mixture of half wheat and half white flour successfully.) Keep adding flour until the dough is manageable.  It will be a little sticky, b

Don't like your house to smell like food? I've got a kitchen tip for that!

I have a smallish, one story house and if I cook food that is kind of smelly, like onions, the smell tends to linger in every room.  This is a pet peeve of mine and (also my husband's).  Over the years I've found a few ways to cook smelly food without smelling up the kitchen. Use your garage!   I use my garage quite often to cook things in.  I open the window and it airs out, especially when you open the garage door.  I'm sure my neighbors wonder what I'm cooking. I've used two different kitchen appliances in the garage:  my crockpot and my food dehydrator. Crockpot - I did this very thing today since I'm simmering chicken, onions, carrots and celery to make chicken noodle soup tonight.  I don't want my house to smell like onions all day, so I plugged it in on my husband's workbench.   Food dehydrator - when I make jerky, I plug the food dehydrator in in the garage.  I don't really want my house to smell like meat for hours

The Best French Bread I've Ever Made

This is the best french bread I've ever made.  I got this recipe from my friend, Nikki, who gave us some of this bread as a thank you for my hubby helping them move a piano.  I remember it being delicious and we gobbled it up fast.  I was intimidated for some reason by the recipe and waited a few years before I made it. We needed some bread for to make some turkey, provolone, avocado sandwiches, so I made some of this bread and it was perfect!  We sliced one loaf like they do at Subway.  Then later I made normal shaped sandwiches with the rest of the bread.  Delicious... light and fluffy and yummy! Update 2/22/12: This is still my favorite bread after making it for a year! It turns out perfect every time and it's gone in a flash! printable recipe French Bread recipe from my friend, Nikki Yield: 2 loaves   Ingredients 2 c. warm water 1 pkg (or 1 heaping Tbsp.) yeast 1/4 c. granulated sugar 1 T. olive oil