Skip to main content

Week 282 Menu

Hi friends!  Happy Monday!  Can you believe it's the 4th of July this week?  The summer is flying by.

We have our first wildfire burning close enough that we have to smell and see the smoke.  Brings back bad memories of the summer three years ago when we had a fire burning close enough to our little town that we had to evacuate and then breathe smoke for months afterward.  Ugh.

Do you have fun plans for the 4th of July?  I got to play patriotic hymns on the organ at church yesterday.  Playing the Star Spangled Banner with the pedals is easier this year than it was last year.  Kind of fun!

Here's a happy thing...my little baby guy just started playing with cars and trains.  I'm so happy!  He hasn't really played with toys very much in his life.  He just toddles around and plays with big people stuff.  He also discovered baby dolls too.  Super cute.

If you're feeling crazy today, will you click on one of the ads on the sidebar of my blog?  I feel kind of silly posting about this.  I obviously don't blog to make money and I make a minuscule amount each day (like seriously a few cents), but with ad clicks I get a little more, like $0.50 per click.  I know ads are really annoying, but I do like how the ads know what you've been searching, so my ads are usually for The Children's Place or something that I've bought recently on Amazon.  Anyway...I'd love to have a giveaway for my #300th menu, so we'll see if some ad clicks add up.  Thanks friends!

My hubby was on travel for a few days last week, so I didn't stick to my menu very well.  The kids requested puffed oven pancakes for dinner one night and orange chicken for dinner another night.  This week has a few repeats from last week.

Menu time...

Monday:  chicken fajitas

Tuesday:   crockpot fauxtisserie chicken and fingerling potatoes

Wednesday: broiled parmesan tilapia, simple orzo pilaf

Thursday: chicken tetrazinni

Friday: 4th of July! we'll grill something

Saturday:  sesame chicken salad

Sunday:  crockpot ham, potato casserole, one hour rolls, salad

Hopefully I'll finish my last post about our trip to San Diego.  Click here for part one.

Have a great week friends!   I'd love to hear what you're planning for dinner this week or for your 4th of July BBQ.  Feel free to share.
Photobucket

Popular posts from this blog

One Hour Rolls

These rolls are amazing!  I've been making these rolls since 2001 when I was a newlywed and my sister-in-law shared the recipe with me.  The rolls are light, fluffy, easy to make and they only take one hour!  And delicious too!   I've made these rolls more times than I can count, so I've perfected the art of making them.  Here are some step-by-step instructions with pictures for you. Here's what you'll need.  I buy pretty much all of the ingredients in this recipe at Sam's club, thus the huge containers.  You need warm water, yeast, oil, sugar, salt, egg and flour. In the mixer bowl, add warm water (not hot), oil, sugar and yeast.  Mix together. After ten or fifteen minutes the yeast mixture should be puffed up like this.  Time to add the salt and beaten egg. Then mix in the flour.  (I've used a mixture of half wheat and half white flour successfully.) Keep adding flour until the dough is manageable.  It will be a little sticky, b

Don't like your house to smell like food? I've got a kitchen tip for that!

I have a smallish, one story house and if I cook food that is kind of smelly, like onions, the smell tends to linger in every room.  This is a pet peeve of mine and (also my husband's).  Over the years I've found a few ways to cook smelly food without smelling up the kitchen. Use your garage!   I use my garage quite often to cook things in.  I open the window and it airs out, especially when you open the garage door.  I'm sure my neighbors wonder what I'm cooking. I've used two different kitchen appliances in the garage:  my crockpot and my food dehydrator. Crockpot - I did this very thing today since I'm simmering chicken, onions, carrots and celery to make chicken noodle soup tonight.  I don't want my house to smell like onions all day, so I plugged it in on my husband's workbench.   Food dehydrator - when I make jerky, I plug the food dehydrator in in the garage.  I don't really want my house to smell like meat for hours

The Best French Bread I've Ever Made

This is the best french bread I've ever made.  I got this recipe from my friend, Nikki, who gave us some of this bread as a thank you for my hubby helping them move a piano.  I remember it being delicious and we gobbled it up fast.  I was intimidated for some reason by the recipe and waited a few years before I made it. We needed some bread for to make some turkey, provolone, avocado sandwiches, so I made some of this bread and it was perfect!  We sliced one loaf like they do at Subway.  Then later I made normal shaped sandwiches with the rest of the bread.  Delicious... light and fluffy and yummy! Update 2/22/12: This is still my favorite bread after making it for a year! It turns out perfect every time and it's gone in a flash! printable recipe French Bread recipe from my friend, Nikki Yield: 2 loaves   Ingredients 2 c. warm water 1 pkg (or 1 heaping Tbsp.) yeast 1/4 c. granulated sugar 1 T. olive oil